Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading :)
RSS

Friday 18 June 2010

Underrated celebration -Father's day.

Father's Day is a day honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society. It is celebrated on the third Sunday of June in 55 of the world's countries and on other days elsewhere. It complements Mother's Day, the celebration honoring mothers. It is a widely known celebration. -Wikipedia.


To some people, Father's day and Mother's day are not as important as Valentine's Day.Even in schools in Malaysia, Teacher's Day is more highlighted than these two celebration.I hate to say this, but most Malaysians underrated this 2 events even some said we shouldn't celebrate these special day because  it's western tradition.Pour moi, such reason is absolutely unacceptable because if I accept such idea, it's also mean I admit that Westerners has better way to appreciate their parents.The numbers of parents being abandoned by their children has increased lately even there's some cases whereby they were abandoned after their savings or inheritance given to their children.


 I'm thankful to God for giving me such wonderful parents who endlessly stand behind me thru my thick and thin.Only Allah knows what they are gone thru for me and my other siblings.Raising a family of 9 with a very small income was never an easy job for my father.It was full of blood, sweat and tears.He has to do part time jobs to pay our school fees and for years he didn't get the chance to but new clothes.For him, our good grades at school is better than new clothes because it represents a good future for his children.It would be a lie I say there's not even once I disagree with my father especially when boys issue are concerned.Yet, as I grew older and wiser (perhaps),    I realised his actions and decisions was out of love for me.He also taught me to take care of my other younger siblings because if he is destined by God to 'leave' earlier, he wants the family to remain strong and united with me leading the pack.

 I've seen a lot of my friends with full of regret after their parents gone.'I wish I had more time with Pa' or 'This is too soon' were the words that I often hear.Thus whenever this 'misfortune' happen, i told myself not to repeat the same mistake.I told myself to say thank you for every chances that I can get or to say sorry for every unhappy things that i've brought to them or to hug and kiss them for every chances given by God because no one knows( except Allah) when Izrail a.k.a Grim Reaper will come to our door step.So morale of my babbling is you can have tons of lovers but your parents are irreplaceable so be good to them while they are still with us.


 p/s:To my father- Abdul Latiff Hj Idris, Happy Father's Day and I Love You with all my heart.   

0 comments: